Saturday, August 14, 2010

What time is it really???

I woke up feeling a little sick. Probably just a change in the air. I made some tea and checked my email. Also just heard a call to worship. Pretty cool.

I have to share about the hotel we're in. I'm not used to such grand accomodations. We have both a tub and a separate shower. There's even a magnifying mirrow right by the sink to do makeup with. The room has a huge bed with soft comfy pillows and a lightweight duvet. the aircondioner is a central one, not the kind by the window that rattles and leaks. Does that give you an idea of what I'm used to? There's a desk, a couch and a chair. by the bed are buttons you can push to light up different parts of the room.

There are a few TV stations in English.

No microwave or ref., but a hotpot with coffee and tea.

There is a closet that lights up when you open the door and has iron and board plus a safe.

In the hotel there is a beauty salon and jewelry store, several different kinds of restaurants and if I'm reading the TV info right, we should be close to the marina/ beach. Not sure yet.

We get discounts on our food and massages if we choose.

I think tomorrow I will try for the Marina Mall and look for a sim card and a phone to use my Magic jack with.

Thank heavens for technology although with the cost here I may be sketchy until I locate an internet cafe or something.

We start oreintation Monday, so we'll find out our placements then hopefully.

Okay, back to sleep if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment