Friday, August 20, 2010

On the mend







Finally got out and about today. Still moving slowly and stomach still a little touchy. I spent a little time at the pool, then the long afternoon nap, followed by dinner at 8:30 and a trip to the mall. We left the mall at 12:30 am. It was really packed there tonight. I haven't been to the mall this late and there were people everywhere. As the pictures will show, you see everything from women totally covered to some barely covered. We err on the side of modesty of course.
At night the mall really comes alive. We saw Burt and Ernie having fun with the kids.
Tomorrow, those teachers placed in Al Ain travel by bus to see the city and what our choices of accomodations might be. I'm excited to see where we'll be living. The city is fun, but I think I've had enough for now. It will be awhile, maybe a week or two before we get to actually move there though. Next week is school orientation and we'll be traveling to some of the schools that teachers will be placed at. (sorry about the preposition) Another large group is coming in tonight. They will probably be housed in a different hotel. I think we have this one pretty well filled up. We will also be treated to some sightseeing.
Missing family and friends, but glad to be feeling better. I have made some really good friends here already. I wish they were all going to be in Al Ain too.






If anyone had told me I would be up past midnight consistantly, I would never have believed it. But the afternoon naps do help.



3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're on the mend! Exciting. Can't wait to hear(and see??)about possible accommodations. Will you get to see your school Monday, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better. Your experiences are exciting to read about. Can't wait for the next update.

    ReplyDelete