Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Barbie

Barbie and Ken Arabic style. They do however carry all other kinds and they are dressed a little more appropriately then the ones in Walmart.


Today was a kind of strange day for me. I was so tired because I had not taken a nap the day before so I would sleep last night, but we had a 6:00 am medical appt and I guess I must have been worried I'd miss it so I didn't sleep all night. The medical check went fine. We were a bit loud in the waiting room and had to be quieted several times, but there were over a hundred of us trying to go through the process. I finally got back to the hotel and breakfast was still being served for us. After eating I went to my room and slept until 6 pm. Now I'm really messed up. I went with another teacher to Carrefour and got some food to keep in my room.
I am experiencing a little homesickness and missing my family. I skyped with one daughter today. I'm sure I'll be fine and this is to be expected.
We are going to be placed in Al Ain which is what we requested. It's supposed to be a beautiful place, drier and cooler, well, at least drier. It is an oasis and a somewhat smaller city. I think we'll really like it there. Now, to sleep, perchance to dream!

5 comments:

  1. I love it...how much were the traditional Barbie and Ken...did you notice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. I'm sure good sleep will help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You? Homesick? What nowhere to drive? Glad you got to sskype Whit. Get that clock adjusted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that you are feeling a bit homesick Mommy2! I know the daughters would love to hear from you anytime!! Hope you start to feel better soon. We are all thinking of you!

    Jamil and Jamila - haha!

    ReplyDelete