Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bazaar at the Expo center

Just so you know, I'm not being deprived. They make an excellent cappacino in the restaurant here. I have only gotten to Starbucks once because it doesn't open until 7:30 and who wants to drink esspresso then?? This is a Turkish? type dancer at the bazaar.


This is one entrance to the bazaar and there's another one on the opposite side


This woman is making perfume. They burn different kinds of wood then add perfumed oils. By the time I left I was feeling a little quesy.

This little boy was having fun at the amusement park part of the bazaar. Like a little fair.




This was a booth of bling. Lots and lots of bling there.




One of the many cloth booths. Very beautiful. This bazaar is very similar to the Christmas markets in Belgium and England. I bet you're wondering what I bought. Cheap shoes and some toys for my students.








Today, I'm going to exercise at the gym again and then hang at the pool. We're desperate to look for houses, but they haven't moved us to Al Ain yet and I don't really want to rent a car and drive. Maybe we'll go tomorrow. Today we may also try to find the teacher store. And for those of you reading this who don't already know, my brother has had his manuscript accepted at a publishing company so within the year should be an official publised author. Way to go Glenn!

4 comments:

  1. Tasty looking cappuccino! Glad you're not being deprived. ;-) You could do some serious shopping in such an impressive, hustling, bustling bazaar. I'm surprised you didn't buy more!

    What's up with the hold up in moving you to Al Ain? Must be frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thanks for the plug. get used to it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am not much of a shopper but that looked like fun. And if the price is right...

    The coffee looked good. How is the gym over there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice gym. there's a ladies section upstairs and I walk the treadmill there with headphones on and a TV in front of me as well as a fan that blows on me. It's almost not exercising, except I do get my heartrate up so that's good. I'll miss it when we leave.

    ReplyDelete