Monday, August 16, 2010

Faculty meeting??
















Yes, this IS how faculty should be treated. We were gathered together in the ballroom that looked like something out of the museums in Italy. Gilded golden ceilings and fancy wall hangings. Even though we had all just eaten another huge breakfast, they made sure we had refreshments. It was very kind of them because I'm sure most of them were fasting for Ramadan. The ADEC people shared some important information (hint, make a copy of everything!) and we filled out paperwork so we could get paid. Always an important thing to do. They were kind enough to answer questions for us, sometimes more than once. I'm sure we tried their patience but they never showed it. Health check tomorrow and the next day fingerprints. I spent a few minutes by the pool. The heat actually felt good because the pool was even a bit chilly. I'm so sleepy, up at 5:00 am again, but I don't want to nap. I want to try and sleep a full night tonight. We'll be exploring the Souks after sundown tonight. That should be fun!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Thanks for the update. Find that free wi-fi spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,

    I found your blog through the teachaway site! Thanks so much for putting these up, it gives us an idea of what to expect! I started a blog yesterday, and still sorting it out. I put up a photo of things at home but I was only able to upload one photo at a time and it took ages. How have you managed to put up a few photos together? I'm sure it's very simply but I don't seem to be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinead, I go to the picture icon on the post a blog page, then after I browse and download one picture, above the browse button is one that says add another picture. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that Donna, I will give it a go! I hope you are having a good day today and thanks for posting up such great photos! I'm off to have some breakfast and make a to-do list before I leave. I have another week at home so that trying to make the most of it. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete