Sunday, August 15, 2010

SHOPPING

After a delicious complimentary breakfast (reminded me of a cruise buffet) a group of us took taxis to the Marina Mall. Oh my goodness. It is huge and beautiful! We spent most of our time and money in Carfour. It's like a super Wal-mart. I just needed stuff I had to leave home without, shampoo and things. I also bought a cheap easy calculator for figuring money. I know, my phone has one, but it's a pain to get to.

Got a sim card for my phone and will be able to use it here sometime today when they activate it.

Anyway, the mall goes on and on and is four floors. Most of the stuff looks pretty expensive and it's all western clothes and items. There is also a Cinema and a bowling alley. We didn't have much time because due to Ramadan it closes at 1:00. None of the restaurants were open. Starbucks was there, but :( not open. It opens again tonight around 8:00 and stays open until 1:00 am.

It is definitely hot, hot, hot. Some of the teachers went to the pool when they got back to the hotel. The water must be cooled because one of them said it was cold. It's too hot to stay outside for me right now. I may check it out later, but I still have a scratchy throat and need a nap if I'm going to be up late tonight.

I will try to add more after orientation if I can find a wifi spot. It's too expensive here.

1 comment:

  1. Well, to the mall eh? How unsurpeised. Hope you didn't catch something but it wouldn't be odd. Sounds like a neat adventure. Can't wait to see more pictures. Be careful and don't over spend. Save that for when I come.

    ReplyDelete