Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So it begins

Hello all,

I'm still here in the states, but I have begun the process for my teaching adventure in the United Arab Emirates. I am excited and nervous about this new job. I was telling Wesley the other day that it doesn't seem real. It's like someone said, "Do you want to go teach on the moon?" And of course I said, "Sure, why not?"

Yes, we've traveled and worked all over the place, but this is the first one in which the landscape and culture will be totally different, not to mention the teaching experience. I haven't heard too much to encourage me in the teaching department. I've heard the kids are difficult to handle and are uninterested in learning. They also hold little respect for non-Arabic, primary teachers who are women. So, I will need to be tough as well as flexible.

I will post my experiences as our new life begins. Keep the prayers coming and all will be well. As they say in Arabic, "Inshallah" which means God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment