Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More of Al Ain

This is an article I found about part of Al Ain

Great Travel Moment

Al Ain means Spring. Located off the road to Hafeet Mountain,it was amazing to see the lakes of water amid the arid mountain and desert setting. The University of the United Arab Enurates, founded in 1977 and with a student population of 12,000,is located in Al AIn. Archaeological discoveries date settlements in Al Ain to around 3,000 B.C. Our friends from Dubai took us sightseeing outside of Dubai. We were lucky to have them as we had no idea what to see in and around the area. This was HOT! However,there were people from all over because it was believed that if you soaked your feet and legs here, it would cure whatever ailed you! I had bandaids on my blisters on several toes so I did whatever the others did. It was so relaxing! My blisters were gone in two days and I could walk well. The power of suggestion!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment